Today, while running errands, I noticed the water tower guys are at it again. I decided to go talk with them.
- The top of the tower is being replaced, due to some kind of damage
- This tower is 120 feet tall, and considered a medium size tower. I was told that there’s one in Chesapeake City that’s 160 feet high
- This tower holds 1.5 million gallons of water
- One gallon of water weighs about 8.35 pounds (Roughly, over 12.5 million lbs/5500+ tons)
- There is no internal pipe, but the water flows through the main stem (shown below)
- There’s a basement
(This is looking up on the inside. Finally – I’ve seen inside the main column)
One of two new cravistans for the tower. There’s a rock in the picture to show scale. It’s bigger than the engine in my car.