I just finished Plasticland, a stop motion animation that took a year to complete.
I made an informative “behind the scenes” video for my Patreon subscribers, if you are interested. Here are a few more details:
- I spent at least 6 days filming in my yard (over 4 seasons), with each day comprising 4-6 hours of shooting.
- The monster sound of the egg spider came from a neighbor’s dog. I tried to remove the spaces between his barks to make a long RrrRrrrrRRRrraaawwww sound.
- My buddy Dusten provided some shortwave radio sounds, which can be heard when the astronaut gets back up on the wall. Thanks, Dusten!
- There are real “Brood X” cicadas in the grass during the opening shots, as they were just starting to show up in my neighborhood.
- I originally pitched this idea for a silent film festival in Denver. The declined my proposal, and asked me to make “Brood X” instead.
Thank you for watching, as always!