I began this blog a year ago next week with a tentative post about my favorite breakfast sandwich. Seventy-five posts later, I’m celebrating this milestone at WordCamp in San Francisco.
Here’s how this little blog has impacted me (and mine) this past year:
- Other blogs that were started as a by-product of this one
- I filled a sketchbook in thirty days
- We have started using blogs at work, to great effect
- I have produced a sizable body of work, ideas and happiness in the past year
- I had my first exhibition at an art show, and another pending
- I have met many talented, inspiring, nice people because I blog
Yes, many nice people, including WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg.
If you can get to a wordcamp (and you are a blogger or want to become one), Please do. Having access to WP developers (THE developers), search-engine-optimization experts and a diverse, fantastic community is invaluable. Plus, they have free temporary tattoos (and for those who donned such tattoos there were limited edition Moleskines).
I’m thinking I’d like to get WordCamp going in Baltimore. I’m 100% behind wordpress as a platform, and I really think it is a platform, like Facebook, etc. And there are really cool things coming to WordPress soon, too. I am going to start developing pluggins in addition to themes. I’ve seen the light.
OK – I’ve held my thoughts so I could post this post at Wordcamp. More on my adventures with my friends Neil and Hobbes in San Francisco tomorrow – like, the fact the Neil and I have a fridge filled with bananas, Doritos and lime diet coke.